Describing design through analogy

If anyone can provide me with an analogy which describes the design process please pass it on. One of my students recently compared it to an iceberg; The public only see the final ‘product’ of design, they don’t see the ‘process’. The iceberg acts as a signifier for the design process as we only see the top 10% of an iceberg, the other 90% is hidden. And so, the encode-decode process takes place! Come up with your own analogy to describe the process of design.

process analogy

The material or views expressed on this Blog are those of the author and do not represent those of the University.  Please report any offensive or improper use of this Blog to
Skip to toolbar