ready to go?

The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready. – Henry David Thoreau

A casual perusal of the ’50 Best Travel Quotes for Travel Inspiration’ found me this ill-placed little gem. I can’t help but laugh, and wonder if my travel companions know what they’re getting themselves into travelling with me…

I’m not trying to imply an exaggerated sense of my own disorganisation, but it’s probably fair to say that I’ve been known to take a laissez-faire approach to time. I think this approach is more of an upshot of enjoying people than it is carelessness. Like at a party: your housemates want to go home, and you’re coming, you just need to finish this conversation… and say goodbye to so and so… and before I know it the car’s left without me.

I’ll do my best to ‘be on the ball’ when I need to be! First thing, we’ve got to catch this plane on Saturday – there’ll be no waiting around for me then I’m sure! I’ve just organised where we’re staying in Sydney on Friday night, and decided we’re close enough to catch a taxi for cheap.

Richard Branson reckons “the gladdest moment in human life is a departure into unknown lands.” I think it’s not bad… but finishing up an exam period must be up there. Having just handed in a lot of assessments and performed my recital (examination on my musical performance), I feel an enormous weight off my shoulders, and I’m ready to look ahead.

I’m not sure I’ve got everything logistical organised just yet, but in terms of head-space, I’m ready to go. The unknown excites me, and what I know is that I’m travelling with some cool people, to go and meet some interesting people, and to try new things. Sound like an adventure to me.

That photo is me – hi. Can you believe they let me put this on my Cambodian visa?  🙂

Visa Photo
Visa Photo

3 Comments

1. Say hi to the world for me! Have you got Perascope yet? would love to share some of your experiences!

Reply

2. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” St Augustine of Hippo.

Reply