Siem Reap vs Phnom Penh

I have just gotten back to Phnom Penh from Siem Reap and I keep comparing the two and seeing if I like one better. To be completely honest I would say I like Phnom Penh better. Siem Reap was very tourist consumed and I felt a bit sad about the way the tourist industry has changed this city completely. The city was all about making the tourist have fun and I didn’t see the same Cambodia I loved in Phnom Penh. In Cambodia one of the major contribution to their economy is the tourism industry. This industry pulls in 3.58 million tourist annually and 2.2 billion in revenues. (ibtime.com) For the Cambodian economy this is great but I am finding it hard to see where that money is getting used for. Also with the increase of tourist every year will the Cambodian government rely on this industry and focus more and more energy to make the tourist happy and have a good time. Talking to the two other students of this program who stayed in Seam Reap for the majority of the trip, Jess and Matt, they told be that they could get away from the tourist side of Siem Reap and saw the ‘normal’ side of the city.

6 Comments

1. Hello, I think your site might bee having browser compatibility
    issues. When I look at your blog site in Opera, it looks finne
    but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping.
    I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other thhen that, amazing blog!

Reply

2. I have checked your site and i’ve found some duplicate content, that’s why you don’t rank high in google’s search results, but there
    is a tool that can help you to create 100% unique content, search for; Boorfe’s tips unlimited
    content

Reply

3. Wonderful website you have here bbut I was wanting to know if you knew of any user discussion forums that cover the same topics talked about in this article?
    I’d really like too be a part of group where
    I can get feedback from other knowledgeable inndividuals that share the
    same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me
    know. Thanks!

Reply

4. I have noticed you don’t monetize your website, don’t waste your traffic, you can earn extra cash every month.
    You can use the best adsense alternative for any type of website (they approve all websites), for more details simply search in gooogle: boorfe’s
    tips monetize your website

Reply

5. Great goods from you, man. I’ve understand yoour stuff pevious to
    and you’re just too excellent. I actually like what you have acquired here, really like what you are stating and the way in which you saay it.
    You make iit enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it smart.
    I can not wait to read far more from you. This is reallly
    a tremendous website.

Reply